Below are the school bus rules adopted by the
SCHOOL BUS RULES
1) Immediately follow the directions of the driver.
2) Sit in your seat facing forward.
3) Talk quietly using appropriate language
4) Keep all parts of your body inside the bus.
5) Keep your arms, legs and belongings to yourself.
6) No fighting, harassment, intimidation or horseplay
7) Do not throw any object.
8) No use of alcohol, tobacco or drugs.
9) Do not bring any weapon or dangerous object on the bus.
10) Do not damage the bus.
11) Eating/drinking on the bus only with the driver’s permission.
1st Offense: Written warning to Parents/Principal
2nd Offense: 3 day riding suspension
3rd Offense: 5 day riding suspension
4th Offense: 10 day riding suspension and meeting with parents/guardians
MAKE THE RIDE A SAFE ONE!
All students are given classroom school bus safety instruction the first three weeks of school. They must demonstrate competency to their teachers. You can help by asking your child to:
AT THE BUS STOP:
Arrive five minutes early. Wear appropriate clothing. Stay back from the highway or street. If your child can reach out and touch the bus they are too close. Remind your child of the ten foot danger zone around the bus. Wait for the bus to come to a complete stop before approaching. Be respectful of others and their property. The same bus behavior is expected of your child as is expected in the classroom.
ON THE BUS:
Follow the posted bus rules without question. The Bus Driver is in charge of the bus. Obey their instructions the first time. Your safety depends on it.